To add additional logs, such as bar logs:
- Click Log | Create Log | Bar and click in the cross section pane.
- In the Open dialog, select the data table you wish to create the log from in the Use Open Table list and click Open.
- Select the log. In the Property Manager choose the correct Data column.
- Set the Hole ID filter to the hole the data is for.
Once you create the additional logs, you can use the Log | Display | Overlay Logs or Log | Display | Adjoin Logs commands to overlay or adjoin them with their appropriate wells.
For example, if you want to make it appear that they are part of the cross section, you could overlay the bar logs with the zone bar, lithology, line/symbol, or raster logs in the cross section. To overlay the logs:
- Select the Logs object in the Object Manager.
- In the Property Manager set the Log width.
- Select each bar log and type that same width into the Width box in the Size group of the Arrange ribbon bar tab.
- Click Log | Display | Overlay Logs. The bar logs will move to be on top of their respective zone bar, lithology, line/symbol, or raster logs.
Alternatively, you could adjoin the logs:
- Click Log | Display | Adjoin Logs. The bar logs will move to the side of their respective zone bar, lithology, line/symbol, or raster logs.
- If the cross section is from line/sybmol logs, select the Layers object in the Object Manager and then check the box in the Property Manager next to Draw layers across logs. Otherwise, select each layer and reshape it so that the layer is horizontal across the bar log next to each well.
Updated: October 5, 2016