Clip a value or range of values using Clipping, or include/exclude specific column criteria using Criteria Filter on a Ternary Plot. This is a great way to filter your data by well ID or remove null values.
Criteria filter for a Ternary Plot. Criteria filter is open to Exclude a Range of values using Null Criteria
See the steps to use Clipping and/or Criteria Filter below:
- Select the plot you'd like to filter (Anion or Cation) in the Object Manager.
- In the Property Manager, click the Data Limits tab.
- Delete the existing values in the Clipping section and replace with desired values. Learn more about Clipping in Grapher's Help.
- In the Criteria Filter section, click Set. Fill out the dialog to Exclude or Include the desired values. Learn more about the Criteria Filter in Grapher's Help.
- Clipping and the Criteria filter are applied to raw data values in the associated data file for the Ternary plot, not on auto-normalized data values.
For Piper plots, the diamond plot's symbol location is determined by the coordinates of the Cation and Anion plots, so it doesn't have the Clipping and Criteria sections. Filtering data points from the Cation and Anion plots will also remove data from the associated Diamond plot.
Similarly for Durov plots, the Square, PH and TDS plots are determined by the coordinates of the Cation and Anion plots, so they also do not have the Clipping and Criteria sections.
Updated December 8, 2020