It is now possible to easy disperse all of your overlapping plot labels in Grapher Beta with just a couple of clicks.
Before dispersing the plot labels
After dispersing plot labels with the default settings
To do so:
- In the Object Manager, select one or more plots that shows overlapping labels
- Click Graph Tools | Plot Tools | Disperse Labels
- In the Disperse Overlapped Labels dialog, specify your preferred dispersion settings
- Click OK or Apply to view the changes.
- Label positions can be reset by clicking Graph Tools | Plot Tools | Reset Positions, or they can be individually moved by clicking Graph Tools | Plot Tools | Move Labels
- If the Dispersion direction is set to 'Move around clock', the labels will space radially at 5 degree increments
- The distance between labels is set to an internal default of 0.5 inches. IF this setting is not meeting your needs and you would like additional control over label-to-label spacing, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your labels have already been dispersed but some are still overlapping, you can Apply the dispersion again. Unchecking the Reset positions before dispersing box will only continue to labels that are still overlapping, non-overlapped labels will remain in the same position.
Updated June 2021