Surfer can use an attribute of objects in a base layer as the Z value for those objects when exporting to a DXF file, but only if the attribute is called ZLEVEL. If this attribute is called anything else, it is not exported as the Z value for the DXF file. To export the DXF with Z values:
- Select your Base(vector) layer in the Contents window.
- Click Map Tools | Layer Tools | Open Attribute Table.
- In the Attribute Table dialog, select the column containing your z values.
- Click the Rename Field () icon.
- Delete the existing Attribute name and enter ZLEVEL.
- Click OK.
- Click X to close the Attribute Table.
- Click File | Export.
- Change the Save as type to DXF AutoCAD DXF Drawing (*.dxf), give your file a name, and click Save.
- If desired, in the Export Options dialog set the Scaling source to your map, and then click OK.
The exported DXF should now contain the proper Z values.
Updated September 11, 2017