To save custom line styles directly in the Custom Line style dialog:
- Click on the feature whose line style you'd like to change.
- Click the Line tab in the Property Manager.
- Click the ... button in the Style field.
- In the Custom Line dialog, complete the Enter dash length and space length and Name fields as desired.
- Click Save Custom Line Styles.
- Click OK.
Alternatively, custom line styles can be added directly to the Attrib.ini file located in the AppData directory:
- Close completely out of Grapher.
- Navigate to your Attrib.ini file.
- Windows Vista/7/8/10: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Golden Software\Grapher\<version number>
- Windows Vista/7/8/10: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Golden Software\Grapher Preview\<version number>
- Open the Attrib.ini file in Notepad++.
- Scroll to the [Line Styles] section.
- At the bottom of this section, add a line in the format name = xxx . The dash patterns are a series of alternating dashes and gaps, these values are specified in page units x 1000.
- For example, to create a pattern of 0.5 inch dashes and 0.25 inch gaps, enter the values of 500 and 250: Custom Line = 500 250
- Save the Attrib.ini file.
- Restart Grapher.
- The Custom Line will be saved in Style drop down menu in the Line Properties. The customized line can also be accessed through automation.
Updated July 22, 2019