If the Activation tab is grayed out, this could mean a few things:
- The Sentinel RMS License Manager was not installed successfully. To correct this, navigate to the Windows Control Panel and verify Sentinel RMS License Manager is present in the installed programs list. If present, try repairing the installation to see if this resolves the behavior. If Sentinel RMS License Manager is not listed, follow the instructions in this article to download and install the software.
- Your license server is not connected to the internet. To correct this, enable internet access, or proceed with an offline activation.
- Your office uses a security firewall or proxy service and that firewall/proxy service is blocking the License Administrator from reaching the Golden Software activation server. To correct this, your IT person will need to whitelist the domain "golden.prod.sentinelcloud.com" for HTTPS.
- Your computer's antivirus, antimalware, or security firewall software is blocking the License Administrator from reaching the Golden Software activation server. To correct this, add the domain "golden.prod.sentinelcloud.com" to the whitelist or allowed list in your security software.
- You are receiving an SSL/TLS certificate error or warning. To test this, open Internet Explorer on the license server and browse to https://golden.prod.sentinelcloud.com You should see "200 OK
Service ready" and no certificate warnings in the browser. To correct this, upgrade Internet Explorer, or contact your IT person.
- You've changed the clock on the server (referred to as time-tampering). To correct this, you will need to set the server back to the correct date and then contact us for a license cleaning file.
If the items above do not fix the problem, you can use the instructions here to proceed with an offline activation, so you can get the program up and running.
Updated April 13, 2017