To add attributes to contours and then create a grid file:
- Click Home | New Map | Base.
- In the Import dialog, select the vector file containing your contour polylines and click Open.
- Right click on the Base layer in the Contents window and click Open Attribute Table.
- In the Attribute Table dialog, click the Add Field button () to add an attribute.
- Enter and Attribute name of ZLEVEL and click OK.
- Select a polyline on the map. The associated polyline is highlighted in the Attribute Table dialog.
- Type in the contour level in the ZLEVEL column in the Attribute Table.
- Repeat steps 5-6 for the other polylines.
- Click Grids | New Grid | Grid from Contours.
- In the Grid Contours dialog, select your base layer from the Contour Source list.
- In the Select Field dialog, choose ZLEVEL from the list, then click OK.
- In the Output Grid section, give your grid file a name.
- Change the New layer type to Contours if you wish to create a new contour map from the new grid file.
- Set any other desired options, then click OK.
A contour map is created from the new grid file, which you can now visually compare to the original contours in the base layer.
Updated October 25, 2018