To export your Surfer profile to an ASCII data file use the steps below. These steps will result in a text file containing the X values representing distance and the Y values represent the Z value of the grid.
- Select the Profile you wish to export in the Contents window.
- In the Properties window, on the Plot tab, click the Save to File button in the Export profile data field.
- In the Save As dialog, give your output file a name and click Save.
- This will give you a DAT file, but you can easily open this file in Surfer's worksheet and use the File | Save As command to save to another ASCII format like XLSX or CSV, if you have need for a specific type of output file.
If you instead want the XYZ coordinates of the polyline used to create your profile, you will need to export the Base(vector) map containing the polyline to a text file. Use the steps below:
- In the Contents window, turn the visibility off of everything so only th eBase(vector) layer that was added to your Map when drawing the line for the Profile is showing. Surfer exports all visible objects, so it is important to only have what you would like exported displayed.
- Click File | Export. Name the file, choose your desired Save as type, and click Save.
- Make any desired changes in the Export Options dialog (defaults should be fine) and click OK.
Updated August 2020