The NAIP Color Imagery for US server is a USGS server and it has been moved to a new location several times since the addition of Surfer's base map from server feature. As a result, the default location defined in Surfer is at times made inaccurate. Please see USGS National Map Orthoimagery Map Services Transition and Other Map Service Changes for additional information.
The new server location is on a secure server (https) and Surfer 12 does not support secure servers, so this server will no longer work in Surfer 12.
If you encounter this error in Surfer you can add a new map source using the updated URL by completing the steps below:
- In the Download Online Maps dialog, right-click a major category and click Add Map Source.
- In the Add Map Source dialog, enter a name for the new server in the Name field.
- Click in the Type field and selet WMS: Web Map Service
- Enter this URL into the URL field: https://basemap.nationalmap.gov:443/arcgis/services/USGSImageryOnly/MapServer/WmsServer?
- Click Validate.
- Click OK when the Server validated message is displayed.
Updated November 7, 2018