The below error messages indicate that the license has been activated the maximum number of times permitted.
- Single-user licenses may be activated on two machines, provided the software is used by a single individual.
- Concurrent-use licenses may be activated on 1 machine.
- Single-user license: The product key has been activated the maximum number of times
- Concurrent-use license: Unable to activate the product key. Activation cannot be performed as the quantity is not sufficient.
Solution: You will need to deactivate from within the program or using your web browser:
- How Do I Deactivate My Single-User Golden Software License?
- How Do I Deactivate My Concurrent-Use Golden Software License?
The following scenarios could cause you to see the error messages:
- You have already activated the maximum number of times with this product key.
- You reinstalled or reimaged Windows before deactivating the license. Now you have an orphaned activation.
- The computer crashed/died/was replaced. Now you have an orphaned activation.
- One of the three locking criteria (MAC Address, the processor ID, and Windows UUID) changed on your computer to cause the previously activated license to be invalid. These locking criteria lock the license to the computer. If any of those change, that activation is no longer valid and the license must be activated again. The previous license becomes orphaned.
- I Installed The Product And Activated The License In The Admin Account, But I'm Prompted For The PK When I Log Into My User Account. Why?
- How Do I (IT Admin) Install And Activate The Software For Use On Another User Account?
Updated August 20, 2022
Please sign in to leave a comment.