The minimum system requirements for the license server computer are based on the requirements for installation of the Sentinel RMS License Manager and the Golden Software License Administrator.
License server operating system requirements:
- Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 (excluding RT), Windows 10 or higher
- 32-bit or 64-bit operating system
- At least 512MB RAM
- At least 20MB hard disk space
- The license server firewall must allow incoming traffic on UDP port 5093.
- The license manager uses IPv4 by default but can be configured for IPv6. See Concurrent Licensing Over An IPv6 Network.
- The client computers running the licensed program must be able to either resolve the name of the license server or communicate directly by the server's IP Address. This can work over local networks, VPN connections and over the public Internet as long as the client computer can reach the server computer by name or IP address, and UDP port 5093 is open.
- Communication between the client and server is not encrypted.
- Sentinel RMS License Manager, version 8.6 or newer - download here
- Golden Software License Administrator - download here
If the license server will be running on a virtual machine, see the article Can I Use A Virtual Machine For My Concurrent License Server?
Be careful when installing the Sentinel RMS License Manager on a server that is already running the Sentinel RMS License Manager and serving network licenses for a different software vendor. You can use an existing installed Sentinel RMS License Manager if its version is 8.6 or greater.
Only one Sentinel RMS License Manager can be running on a server, but it can manage licenses for multiple vendor's software. But be aware that if one of the vendors has set custom parameters it may affect all the software licenses on that server.
- Can I Use A Virtual Machine For My Concurrent License Server?
- Concurrent Licensing Over An IPv6 Network
- How Do I Set Up My License Server For Strater, Surfer And Grapher?
- How Do I Activate My Concurrent-Use Golden Software License?
Do you have 20 minutes to talk to us about software licensing?
Our engineering team are doing short interviews with current and future customers about what they like and don't like with software licensing. No prep is needed and everything is confidential. This is for engineering input, not a marketing gimmick.
If you are interested in providing feedback, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an interview.
Updated January 28, 2019