You can use the Advanced Level method to give the contour lines gradational coloring. Please see the steps below.
- In the Contents window, click the Contours layer.
- In the Properties window, click the Levels tab.
- Set the Level method to Advanced.
- Click Edit Levels.
- In the Levels for Map dialog:
- Click the Line column header.
- In the Line dialog, set Properties to Gradational.
- Click the colormap next to Color.
- In the Colormap dialog, use a Preset, or change the colormap to create the gradient color scale.
- Click OK in the Colormap dialog.
- Click OK in the Line dialog.
- Click OK in the Levels for Map dialog.
Updated August 2020