Active maintenance entitles users to an assortment of benefits. One such benefit is free upgrades to all new versions throughout your maintenance period. This article applies to both single-user and concurrent-use licenses.
To upgrade to the latest version from the client machine, click File | Online | Check for Update.
If you are unable to connect to the internet on your current machine, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your product key and ask for an updated license for your offline computer. Once you've received your updated license from us, you can download the latest installer and transfer it to your offline computer by completing the steps below.
- Log in to MyAccount.
- Click the My Products button.
- Locate the first 8 digits of your product key in the software list software, then click the arrow to expand the section.
- Click the link Download <Product> installer to download the product installer. You can find your Product Key in the original purchase email or from within the software (File | License Info or Help | License Info) if your previous version was also licensed.
- Double-click the product installer EXE file to begin the installation process.
As long as you are under active maintenance, the latest version will run and there is no need to enter a product key. If you encounter any issues, contact us.
For users that are using a concurrent use license, your administrator will need to update the license on the license server before you can run the latest major version on your computer. To update the license on the license server, complete the steps below.
- Open the Golden Software License Administrator.
- Click Manage on the left side of the License Administrator window.
- In the Manage installed licenses section, click Surfer or Grapher.
- Click the Update selected license button at the bottom of the window.
If your license server is offline, please contact email@example.com with your product key and ask for an updated license for your offline license server.
Once the license on the license server is updated, from the client machine, click File | Online | Check for Update.
This article applies to Surfer version 13.6+ and Grapher 12.4+.
Updated November 15, 2017