You can edit the Base Symbology for multiple objects within a Base(vector) layer by using the steps below:
- Select your Base(vector) layer in the Contents window.
- In the Properties window, select the General tab.
- Click the Edit Symbology button. The Symbology dialog opens.
- Assign Unique Values using your preferred Attribute field. More detail on how to do this is available in this article: Color code objects in a base layer by attribute value.
- Hold CTRL and click to select multiple entries that you wish to modify as a group. Selected lines will be highlighted in blue (as seen below). Alternatively, select all the entries by holding SHIFT and clicking the first and last line items.
- In the right hand pane, you can now edit the properties such as Foreground color and Pattern of the selected items.
- If desired click the Save button to save this symbology as a file that can be applied to future projects with matching attributes. Click Load to import a saved symbology file.
- Click OK when finished.
Updated March 2020