You can query point data in Surfer by plotting the data as a base map and then launching the Query tool to perform the query.
To create a base map from data:
- Click Home | New Map | Base | Base from Data.
- In the Open Data dialog, choose your data file and click Open.
- In the Base from XY Data dialog, choose which columns to use for your X and Y variables, and choose what rows to use.
- Click OK and the base map is created.
To query the data:
- Select the Base layer in the Contents window.
- Click Map Tools | Layer Tools | Query Objects.
- Enter the desired query into the Query dialog. For example, if the points in this base layer have an attribute called Emissions, and you wanted to select all of the points where the Emissions value was greater than one million, you would enter:
- Click OK to apply the query.
- If desired, once the query is executed and the selection is made, you can apply specific properties to just the selected points in the Properties window.
Updated April 8, 2020