Yes, you can download vector base maps from within Surfer. To do so:
- Click Home | New Map | Base | Base from Server.
- In the Download Online Maps dialog, either select a vector layer from one of the servers in the US Vector Data or the Worldwide Vector Data category, or else load your own WFS server using the instructions here.
Note: You will not get any error message if you select an OSM or WMS server, but these contain images, so the base map will not contain vector objects. If you select a grid layer from a WCS server, when you click OK you will see this error:
- Choose the area to download from the Select Area to Download section.
- Vector data does not have an associated resolution, so the Select Grid Resolution to Download section will not contain any options.
- Click OK to download the grid and create the grid-based map.
Updated January 20, 2017