You can walk over a surface in Surfer's 3D view by following the steps below:
- In a 2D plot window, create a map with 3D data (e.g. a grid-based map, a post or base map).
- Select the Map in the Contents window and click Map Tools | View | 3D View.
- Click 3D View | View | Walk.
- Move your mouse cursor over the 3D view window. A directional arrow cursor indicates that you are in Walk mode.
- Scrolling the mouse wheel will move the view up and down in the vertical direction.
- Click and hold the mouse wheel and drag to pan the view up and down in the vertical direction.
- Click and hold the left mouse button and drag to begin walking.
- Dragging the mouse up and down will move the camera forwards and backwards along the surface in the view, respectively.
- Dragging the mouse left and right will pan the camera to the left and right in the view.
- Press ESC or another tool in the ribbon to exit Walk mode.
Updated November, 2021
Please sign in to leave a comment.