You can walk over a surface by following the steps below:
- In a 2D Plot window, open a GRD file that you wish to walk over as a contour, color relief, 3D surface, or wireframe map.
- Click Map Tools | View | 3D View.
- Click 3D View | View | Walk.
- Move your mouse cursor to the Plot window. A directional arrow cursor indicates that you are in Walk mode.
- Scrolling the mouse wheel will move the view up and down in a vertical orientation.
- Click and hold the mouse to begin walking. The view will move along the surface in the direction of the mouse cursor.
- Pulling the mouse to the bottom of the Plot window will move the view backwards along the surface.
Updated September 19, 2017