You can increase the smoothness of your flight path by increasing the smoothness of the polyline or polygon that serves as the vector flight path input. When the line is smoother, the Fly-Through will also be smoother. There are two options for increasing the smoothness of the flight path line.
Option 1: Create your flight path using a spline polyline.
- In 2D Plot view, select the Map frame that contains your map from the Contents window.
- Click Home | Add to Map | Layer | Empty Base.
- In the Contents window, select the new empty base map layer.
- Click Features | Insert | Spline Polyline.
- In the Plot window, digitize a line where you would like your fly-through path to be located.
- When finished, click ESC to exit Draw mode.
- Use this spline polyline as the flight path vector input.
Option 2: Use the smooth function on an existing polyline or polygon.
- In 2D Plot view, select the polygon or polyline that will serve as the flight path from the Contents window.
- Click Features | Edit Features | Smooth.
- In the Line Smoothing dialog, choose a number of points to insert between the existing vertices of your vector object (more points will give a smoother line).
- Click OK.
- Use this edited polygon or polyline as the flight path.
Updated April 8, 2020