Grapher serial numbers are stored in the Windows registry. You can edit the registry to remove the serial number. This may be necessary when installing a new copy of Grapher 12 that is using a different serial number than the previous copy. The serial number may be stored in a few different places, depending on how Grapher was installed. The steps below can be used to remove the serial number. Please be very careful when editing the Windows registry.
- Type regedit into the Windows search bar, and press ENTER.
- Navigate to the location below that corresponds with how Grapher was installed.
- 64-bit, installed for all users: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Golden Software\Grapher\12.
- 32-bit, installed for all users: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Golden Software\Grapher\12
- 64-bit, installed for all users: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Golden Software\Grapher\12.
- 32-bit, installed for all users: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Golden Software\Grapher\12
The next time Grapher is started, it will prompt the user to enter the serial number.
If you are running Grapher 12 (product key) or a newer version, the product key cannot be manually removed from the computer as shown above. Instead, the product key must be deactivated by following the instructions in this article.
Updated October 1, 2018