|KB no longer maintained - MapViewer is a Legacy Product. Legacy Products are still supported, but no longer receive new features or updates. Many of MapViewer's features have been moved to Surfer. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.|
MapViewer serial numbers are stored in the Windows registry. You can edit the registry to remove the serial number. This may be necessary when installing a new copy of MapViewer 8 that is using a different serial number than the previous copy. The serial number may be stored in a few different places, depending on how MapViewer was installed. The steps below can be used to remove the serial number. Please be very careful when editing the Windows registry.
- Type regedit into the Windows search bar, and press ENTER.
- Navigate to the location below that corresponds with how MapViewer was installed.
- 64-bit, installed for all users: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Golden Software\MapViewer\8.
- 32-bit, installed for all users: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Golden Software\MapViewer\8
- 64-bit, installed for all users: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Golden Software\MapViewer\8.
- 32-bit, installed for all users: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Golden Software\MapViewer\8
The next time MapViewer is started, it will prompt the user to enter the serial number.
Updated January 19, 2017