|KB no longer maintained - Strater is a retired product. Golden Software retired products are still supported, but no longer receive new features or updates. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.|
Strater serial numbers are stored in the Windows registry. You can edit the registry to remove the serial number. This may be necessary when installing a new copy of Strater 5 that is using a different serial number than the previous copy. The serial number may be stored in a few different places, depending on how Strater was installed. The steps below can be used to remove the serial number. Please be very careful when editing the Windows registry.
- Type regedit into the Windows search bar, and press ENTER.
- Navigate to the location below that corresponds with how Strater was installed.
- 64-bit, installed for all users: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Golden Software\Strater\5.
- 32-bit, installed for all users: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Golden Software\Strater\5
- 64-bit, installed for all users: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Golden Software\Strater\5.
- 32-bit, installed for all users: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Golden Software\Strater\5
The next time Strater is started, it will prompt the user to enter the serial number.
Updated March 15, 2018
Please sign in to leave a comment.