The Grapher Colors drop down menu lists a number of predefined colors for you to easily choose from. There isn't a way in Grapher's user interface to rearrange your color order, or to save custom colors. However, you can do this manually.
All predefined colors in the Colors drop down menu are saved in the Colors file, located in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Golden Software\Grapher. (You will need to have hidden files, folders and drives visible on your computer to see your AppData folder.)
To rearrange the presets in the drop down menu:
- Open the Colors file in a text editor, like Notepad.
- Scroll down to the [Colors] section and select all the line(s) of data for the color(s) that you want to move. For example, the image below selects the predefined blue variations:
- Click Edit | Cut.
- Place your cursor in the location you want the copied colors to be.
- Click Edit | Paste to paste in the information.
- Click File | Save to save the changes to the file.
- Restart Grapher and the presets will be in the new order.
To add a new preset:
- Open the Attrib.ini file in a text editor, like Notepad.
- Scroll down to the [Colors] section and put your cursor in the location you want the new color to be in the Colors drop down menu.
- Enter the color information. This includes the color name followed by = and the RGB values for the desired color separated by a space.
- Click File | Save to save the changes to the Attrib.ini file.
- Restart Grapher and the new preset will be included in the drop down menu.
Updated March 2023