Question: I have a huge data file that I'm plotting as a post map in Surfer, but my x,y values are in columns P and Q and Surfer is plotting columns A and B by default. How can I get Surfer to plot by default from columns P and Q? The redraw time trying to change these is prohibitive...
Answer: You can change which columns Surfer plots by default in the Defaults dialog.
- Click File | Defaults.
- In the Settings list, scroll down to and expand Map Post.
- Click on pXcol and type the column number (16 for column P) into the Setting value box.
- Set the Setting persistence to All sessions if your data files are all formatted the same, or to Current session only if future data sets will not be formatted the same way.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for pYcol (17 for column Q).
- Click OK to apply the changes.
- Click Yes if you want to save the changes to the SET file for use in the future.
Updated May 31, 2017