- Click the Features | Insert | Polyline command.
- Click on the screen where you want the arrow to start.
- For a straight line with no additional segments, double click on the location where you want the arrow to end.
- Press the ESC key on the keyboard to exit drawing mode.
- Click on the Polyline in the Contents window.
- In the Properties window, in the End Styles section, change the Start or End option from None to the desired arrow style. The Start is the point you clicked on in step 2. The End is the point you clicked on in step 3.
- If desired, change the Scale value to increase or decrease the size of the arrow head.
If the arrow should be curved, click the Features | Insert | Spline Polyline command in step 1 instead of clicking Features | Insert | Polyline. Spline polylines require clicking at least one additional point between steps 2 and 3.
Arrows can highlight features in your map
After drawing the arrows, you can click on the arrow in the plot window (or click on the Polyline in the Contents window) to select it and change the line color, thickness, or style in the Property Manager. In addition, you can click the Features | Edit Features | Reshape command to change the location of any node on the line.
Updated October 3, 2018