- Click the Features | Insert | Polyline command.
- Click on the screen where you want the arrow to start.
- For a straight line with no additional segments, click on the location where you want the arrow to end.
- Press the ENTER key on the keyboard to end the arrow creation.
- Press the ESC key on the keyboard to end drawing mode.
- Click on the Polyline in the Contents window.
- In the Properties window, change the Start or End option from None to the desired arrow style. The Start is the point you clicked on in step 2. The End is the point you clicked on in step 3.
- Change the Scale value to increase or decrease the size of the arrow.
If the arrow should be curved, you can click the Draw | Spline Polyline command in step 1. Spline polylines require clicking additional points between steps 2 and 3.
Arrows can highlight features in your map
After drawing the arrows, you can click on the arrow to select it and change the line color, thickness, or style in the Property Manager. In addition, you can click the Draw | Reshape command to change the location of any node on the line.
Updated May 9, 2017