When this happens, there are three ways to return the program to the default location for the window layout:
Method 1: Click View | Display | Reset Windows. You will need to close and reopen the program for the change to take effect. All windows should again be visible.
Method 2: Move the dialog with keystrokes. An old Windows trick to move a dialog is to use the keyboard commands. So, if you are expecting a dialog to appear and see nothing, press ALT+SPACEBAR on the keyboard. This activates the pop-up menu for the dialog. Press M to Move the dialog. Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move the dialog into view. This may take several tries, as the dialog can be to the left, right, above, or below the existing Grapher window.
Method 3: Edit the registry. Since altering the registry incorrectly can cause the program to not run correctly or the machine to not boot, it is highly advised that this procedure be used by expert users only. Please contact Golden Software for more information on this method.
- Close Grapher.
- Go to the Windows Start Menu, type regedit into the search bar, and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- The Registry Editor dialog will appear.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Golden Software\Grapher.
- Delete the "12" key.
- Click Yes in the Confirm Key Delete dialog.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Open Grapher, as normal. The dialog positions and all default settings will be reset.
Updated April 26, 2017